- Concrete Tilt-up
- Large Industrial Buildings
- Sherman Oaks Galleria Phase II
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Inpatient Bed Tower
- Good Samaritan Medical Office Building
- Long Term Spinal Cord Injury Facility
- Napa Riverfront Building B
How Engineers Work With SidePlate
Engineers nationwide are turning to SidePlate to make projects safer, stronger and more cost-effective.
Architects and structural engineers use SidePlate™ connection technologies on a broad spectrum of projects that typically demand one or more of the following criteria:
- Bomb and progressive collapse mitigation
- OSHPD or DSA approval
- A shorter construction schedule or lower overall construction cost
- Tall story heights or large bay widths
- Maximum usable or lease-able space
- Future floor plan flexibility (no diagonal bracing)
SidePlate engineers are widely recognized as specialized steel connection consultants who work closely with Structural Engineers of Record (SEOR). SidePlate provides steel frame design expertise and technical assistance in the optimization, modeling and analysis of every project’s global lateral load resisting frames using our extensive accumulation of structural steel connection solutions all at no cost to the SEOR.
SidePlate also works closely with steel fabricators/erectors to ensure that a top quality product is constructed using the most cost-effective means and methods available. SidePlate's license fee is included in fabricator's bid per SidePlate structural notes. The fee is paid by the fabricator awarded the project during construction.
For design/building teams, SidePlate offers value engineering services to provide the maximum competitive advantage.
SEORs typically coordinate with SidePlate throughout the design and construction phases—meaning structural engineers continue to work directly with the architect, as usual.
"Although this project is ongoing, I want to let you know how much I truly appreciate your Company’s great effort and collaboration. You have been exceptional to work with, and I look forward to working with you again in the near future."
- Brad A. Schaap, P.E., LEED® Accredited Professional
Corporate Director of Sustainability
Leo A. Daly