- Mesa College Cafeteria Bookstore
- Scripps Cardiovascular Institute at La Jolla
- Bakersfield Heart Hospital
How Architects Work With SidePlate
SidePlate helps architects achieve maximum design versatility within project budgets, without sacrificing structural integrity.
Architects and structural engineers use SidePlate™ connection technologies on a broad spectrum of projects that typically demand one or more of the following criteria:
- Maximum architectural freedom
- Maximum usable or lease-able space
- Future floor plan flexibility (no diagonal bracing)
- A shorter construction schedule or lower overall construction costs
- Tall story heights or large bay widths
- Bomb and progressive collapse mitigation
- OSHPD or DSA approval
SidePlate engineers are widely recognized as specialized steel connection consultants who work closely with Structural Engineers of Record (SEOR). SidePlate provides steel frame design expertise and technical assistance in the optimization, modeling and analysis of every project’s global lateral load resisting frames using our extensive accumulation of structural steel connection solutions all at no cost to the SEOR.
SidePlate also works closely with steel fabricators/erectors to ensure that a top quality product is constructed using the most cost-effective means and methods available. SidePlate's license fee is included in fabricator's bid per SidePlate structural notes. The fee is paid by the fabricator awarded the project during construction.
For design/building teams, SidePlate offers value engineering services to provide the maximum competitive advantage.
SEORs typically coordinate with SidePlate throughout the design and construction phases—meaning architects continue to use the SEOR as their primary contact.